Tomorrow is today don't let it slip away- Josiah Leming

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Slumdog Millionaire

I'm listening to the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack right now. That's got to be one of the best movies (and soundtrack) of all time. I am kind of torn about which soundtrack I want to win the Grammy though because the Twilight (or New Moon don't remember which one was nominated) is also amazing.
I will never be able to write a story while listening to the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack because I can't help but think about it. My sister and I made some mix tapes for a long car ride once and we put "O...Saya" on one of them (if left up to me I would have put every song on them). I hadn't seen that movie in a few months (long time for me) and I wasn't thinking about it but all I could think of was Jamal, Latika, etc... We put the CDs in the radio in our room after we got home and every time the song came on my mind would go straight to the movie. No other soundtrack does that. I can listen to most songs from movies and associate it with other times or people (or characters in my case) but none of them. Even "Paper Planes" does that to me but I never listened to the radio when it was played on the radio. I can remember when I was listening to songs on random and "Latika's Theme" came on and then I new I would have to watch the movie again. It's my favorite one right now and I almost never saw it. Two girls that I knew loved it and so I went to see it but it was a last minute decision, I almost didn't go. Really glad I did.
I would definitely put Jamal in the list of best characters ever. I think Jamal and Latika's romance is one of the best ever. I won't say anything about how it ends but I'm hopelessly in love with Jamal Malik. He's not the only fictional character but he's one of them (Sam Winchester, Edward Cullen, Mr. Darcy, to name a few) but Jamal ranks up there. Too bad men in books/movies are better than real ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment